CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Way of the Waffle...


We have a waffle obsession going on in my house these days. When Little Jack gets hungry, it's waffles that he craves. He's gotten really good at making breakfast for himself - and I am digging that! I don't know where I found this recipe but it is a sure fire winner. I make a big batch and stick them in the freezer. We just pull them out as needed, toast them and devour them. They are great fresh but I must say, we prefer them toasted because their texture is even lighter and crisper.



In a bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 c all purpose flour, 1/2 c cornstarch, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda




In a smaller bowl, combine 1 1/2 c buttermilk, 1/2 c milk, 2 egg yolks, 12 tbsp vegetable oil (that's right...12!)








With a whisk attachment, beat 2 egg whites until you have soft peaks. Sprinkle whites with 2 tbsp sugar and continue beating until whites are firm and glossy. Beat in 1 tsp vanilla.





Combine wet and dry ingredients and fold in egg whites.



Ladle batter onto waffle maker and cook according to your makers directions.

This recipe will yield approximately 6-7 batches of waffles.

1 comment:

Mrs. Marker said...

Yum. I'd love to try these, but I'm a disaster in the kitchen. I'll have to beg Mike. Have you checked out Pioneer Wman's blog - she's cooks ALOT and has ALOT of yummy recipes too.