CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lake Treats

This weekend is Pappy's birthday and we're all heading to the lake for some R and R...and tubing and fishing and golfing and boating and EATING!!! I try to only bake when I have an occasion to (but frankly, I can find ANY occasion ANYTIME to bake) and Pappy's 60th is a big one! Since we are going to the lake, though, I needed to find some easy treats that would make the drive and would be easy to devour. I found a new recipe in the newest Food and Wine...Chocolate Chip Pretzel Bars. Sounded yummy enough! There's nothing like sweet and salty - is there anything better?



Cream 1 1/2 sticks of butter, 1 c light brown sugar and 1/2 c sugar.



Beat in 2 eggs and 2 tsp pure vanilla. Add 2 c all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt.



Stir in one 12 oz bag of bittersweet chocolate chips (I found these at the store yesterday and they are WONDERFUL)





and 1 1/2 c pretzels, coarsely chopped.


Sprinkle with 2 tbsp chocolate sprinkles (I'm thinking this is totally optional)


Bake at 350 for 30 minutes in a well greased 9 x 13 metal pan.

No comments: